Tuesday, September 18, 2018

What are my books about? πŸ€” (Updated)

One of the most difficult questions for me to answer is what my books are about because there's no simple answer. If I had to give an overview, I'd lean toward dark fiction or counterculture, but there's so much going on in my books that it's difficult to pinpoint. 

As it turns out, there are a lot of subjects that I cover in each book. For example, my first two books are about rock stars, but they're about much more. For example, Fire is about the commercialization of the music industry, the unexpected stress and pressures of fame, and the reality of our obsession with celebrities.

Jumping ahead to my Hernandez series that centers on criminals, you might be surprised to learn that the series is as much about family, loyalty, and political issues. It involves murder and violence, but there's also a close unity within the group, a strong bond that might seem unexpected in such a series. 

No book is ever just about one thing, and in fact, most books are vastly complex when you try to break them down. Overall most of my books contain dark humor and even darker topics. You'll be left with something to think about when you finish the book. 






No comments:

Post a Comment