Sunday, September 9, 2018

Why did I start writing? 🀨 (Updated)

One of the most common questions people ask me is why I started writing. After all, I was in college studying business in 2008 when I suddenly dropped out to pursue my dream. It was the road less traveled, and to some, it probably seemed stupid to return to a dead-end job while I wrote my first book but to me, it was what I had to do.

There are a few reasons why writing quickly became my passion.

  1.  I wasn't finding the kind of books I wanted to read, so I wrote them. Not to suggest there's nothing out there that I enjoy reading, but it was more to the point that there was just something missing.
  2. I wanted people to see another point of view. Let's explore the other side of things. For example, in my first book Fire, I talk about a rock band's rise to fame and the unexpected and negative sides of being famous. In my vampire books, I question whether these mystical creatures of fantasy are actually everyday people who happen have some fascinating strengths. And in my Hernandez seriesI show that there are many blurred lines when it comes to the good and bad guys. 
  3. I wanted to make people think. Political corruption, collusion, racism, Big Pharma, celebrity, untrustworthy corporations....you will see many topics and issues brought up in my books, even if it's merely a passing comment by a character. My goal is to make people think and look at things from a character's perspective. Nothing is ever black or white.
  4. To discover a magical world. Sometimes I'm shocked by what my characters do. I'm always fascinated by where the story will take me, and just like many of my readers, I can't wait to see what they will do next!




No comments:

Post a Comment