Tuesday, September 11, 2018

What are my books about? πŸ€” (Updated)

One of the most common questions I get asked is what my books are about, and I always struggle to answer. That's because it's difficult to accurately sum up all my books in a few short sentences. But, here goes.

My books tend to be counterculture, dark fiction. I cover controversial topics such as Big Pharma, political corruption, collusion, propaganda, and I'm just getting warmed up! I want to give readers something to think about along with being entertained.

I make a point of having my books move along quickly. Many novels tend to be slow and steady, but I feel like people want to be grabbed by the throat and pulled right into the story. People are used to watching fast-paced television shows with a lot of drama, complex characters, and non-stop action, so in my mind, books must compete. When I'm writing my books, I see them like a television show running in my head, so I write them accordingly. I believe that is where books are going in the future.

My books root for the underdog, the bad guy, or the ostracized. We can't all write about superheroes and superhumans. 

So what do I write about? I like to think I write about cool topics; vampires, rock stars, gangsters, all the sexy areas the top television shows centre on. We love the antihero these days much more than we love the boy next door. We love characters that jump off the page, that are full of passion and excitement. And why should we settle for anything less? 

My books are for people who like to be challenged and love action. I can tell you one thing for sure; I don't write books that your grandmother's going to be reading. 🀭

No comments:

Post a Comment