Sunday, June 2, 2019

Let's talk about the conspiracy theories in my books 😱(Updated)

My readers know to expect a few conspiracy theories in my books, but how did it get started, and why do I do it?

One of my strongest motivations as a writer has always been to make people think. I know other authors are content to entertain, warm hearts, and create hope with their readers. So in many ways, I guess I do the complete opposite. Where other books might be a soft place to fall at the end of the day, I prefer to introduce topics that make my readers think, wonder, and consider.

This is not to say that any conspiracy theories brought up in my books are right or wrong. In most cases, they work well with the story and cause a little more intrigue, leaving the reader some food for thought. I think it adds an element of excitement to the book. Also, it gets the reader more involved in the story. And if a reader feels more involved in the story, it helps to make them feel more connected with the characters, and really, isn't this what it's all about?

In the end, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. But in a world where we're conditioned to feel certain ways about specific topics, I think it's kind of neat to shake things up.


No comments:

Post a Comment