Monday, December 6, 2021

Christmas themes in my books 🎄🎄🎄

You wouldn't think that Christmas themes quite fit in with books about criminals, corruption, and murder, but I managed to do it in my 15th bookPsychopaths Rule the World. Not such a stretch when you consider how many psychopaths seem to show up during frantic moments at the mall and of course, family events (we all got at least one in our families!) at Christmas time.


As I've mentioned in previous blogs, I love contradictions in my books, and you don't get much more of a contradiction than murder at Christmas. I will admit that this is a theme I've noticed in other books (usually with a detective trying to find the person who killed the bakery shop victim or something of that nature), but my books tend to be a tad more brutal. For example, in Psychopaths Rule the World, one person is brutally murdered with a very heavy Christmas ornament. There's also a haunting scene at the end of the book that might traumatize you, but let's not get into that right now. 😉

I wanted to get some Christmas in my last book, but it wasn't always easy to work into the story. After all, this isn't exactly a family that bakes cookies, watches holiday movies, or makes snowmen on the lawn. Granted, I do love contradiction, so wouldn't it be fun to see gangster Jorge Hernandez do any of those things?

Of course, you have to give me credit because at least Psychopaths Rule the World has a festive color for the cover♥️



No comments:

Post a Comment