Friday, December 20, 2019

What is the crazy concept behind my series? 😱(Updated)

Murder, blackmail, and conspiracy theories are frequent themes in my books, but why?

I'm going to tell you right from the get-go that my motivation as a writer has always been to make people think. That's not to say that ideas that spring up in my books are always cute and cuddly; I do like stirring up the question 'what if' in the back of people's minds.

One of the comments that my character Diego often says in my book series, is that in a world full of sheep, always be a wolf. Of course, this suggests that they believe people to be mindless followers. They constantly point out situations where people simply aren't paying attention to the world around them. Not to suggest that this theory is true, but we certainly can't deny that many people are overwhelmed with life and aren't always paying attention to trends in the news. In reality, the better way to explain it would be 'in a world full of information overload, many people don't have time to take it all in.

I enjoy challenging my readers and making them consider various topics. Whether I'm showing an example of racism, bringing up a conspiracy theory or some other 'what if' scenario, or simply reflecting something we're witnessing in the news, I love the idea of a reader rolling new concepts or ideas through their mind. It isn't that I want to make everyone paranoid but simply more aware.

Have you ever watched a movie, television series, or read a book that made you stop and consider something you hadn't thought about before? If so, that writer has done their job.


No comments:

Post a Comment