Sunday, December 15, 2019

A blurb from The Devil and His Legacy πŸ“–(Updated)

All of my books have a theme. This is something that I usually touch on in the first paragraph so that readers have a sense of where the protagonist is in life. It could be a struggle or simply their mindset that will follow the character throughout the book. As pointed out in the title, the theme for my latest in the Hernandez series is (obviously) legacy. 


I already knew the theme for my latest book while still writing my last one, The Devil May Lie. A prominent character is murdered in it, and for that reason, Jorge Hernandez starts to question his legacy. He wonders what he will leave behind. How will people see him? How will he be remembered? From this, The Devil and His Legacy was born.

The first paragraph talks about where Jorge Hernandez starts with the concept of legacy, while the first paragraph of the last chapter shows where he ends up on the topic. My goal is to show character growth as a result of his experiences throughout the story. You can learn more by checking out the video belowπŸ‘‡πŸΌπŸ‘‡πŸΌπŸ‘‡πŸΌand I promise, there are no spoiler alerts! πŸ€” πŸ€”


No comments:

Post a Comment