Sunday, June 9, 2024

Helping other authors 📇

As an independent author, I enjoy helping my community. It can be an uphill battle without the support of a traditional, larger publisher. You want to share your book with the world but must compete with best-selling authors, celebrity memoirs, and the internet. Despite your best efforts, it's often a challenge to get your book into a potential reader's hands. 

Trust me, I know.

Although I'm on various social media and try to post regularly on most, I prefer X (Twitter) because it tends to be the stomping ground for most authors. It's so easy to share other authors' books on my page. They often do the same for me too. It allows you to find a whole new set of eyes that might want the exact book you wrote. It's so simple to do, so why not?

I sometimes also purchase other indie authors' books and donate them to my local library. It's another easiest thing to do that helps an author's sales, while giving them a new, potential audience. 

Of course, there are many ways you can promote your book, such as creating and giving out bookmarks, having events at your local library or bookstore, or making videos like I do and hope someone watches. 😉 (hint hint)



No comments:

Post a Comment