Sunday, June 16, 2024

Everything an author does (other than write the book) 📚

People always seem surprised when I tell them there's much more to being an author than just writing books. Of course, it's like most things in life. We only see one aspect of it rather than the full circle. I look at many professions and only have an idea of what takes place on their average day. 

What makes being an artist unique is that many (especially indie artists) probably have a job on top of their art. It's a challenge, but most of us find a way to make it work. 

My average day consists of preparing social media, contacting libraries to tell them about my latest book, keeping up with my website, and sometimes jotting down new ideas for my next book. I would say writing, in some aspects, takes up a portion of most of my days. If a book is recently published, it takes much more of my day than times like this, where my latest book was published months ago. 

For more ideas, check out this video.



No comments:

Post a Comment