Thursday, December 29, 2022

A day in the life of (this) author 🤪

Although I hardly have a glamorous life, it is a busy one. Between working a full-time, casual job and maintaining my writing, I don't tend to have a lot of extra time to spare.

I usually only write when I have a day off. And even that varies depending on my appointments and other things going on in my life. But ideally, I get up early (6-7 a.m.) to write a chapter for the specific book I'm working on during that time. I then write notes for the chapter I just finished and jot down some notes for the one I will do the next time. If I have time, I sometimes go back and edit the previous chapter, but I often wait and do a few chapters on a day when I'm not feeling energetic or motivated to create.

Whether or not I have the day off, I almost always am on social media to promote my work. This entails preparing social media in advance, checking comments and results on items already posted, and sometimes writing blogs or posting videos. Even though I'm not on many social media sites, I find it time-consuming to keep up with the ones I have, but it's a great way to connect with people. Of course, I sometimes record videos for my YouTube and Rumble channels, but this also depends on when I have time. I tend to schedule and organize these things in advance to get everything done.

Of course, life is busy. Things come up, and sometimes it isn't possible to keep all my ducks in line. Aspiring authors often don't realize that writing a book is the easy part. Keeping up with everything else and getting your writing to your potential audience, is another story. 




No comments:

Post a Comment