Thursday, January 28, 2021

How did Jorge Hernandez join this series? ☠️ (Updated)

It might surprise people to learn that Jorge Hernandez wasn't always part of the Hernandez series. When I wrote the book We're All Animals (book 1), I hadn't planned a series, but merely a second book to finish the story of Chase Jacobs. However, when Jorge came along in Always be a Wolf (book 2), it was clear that I was only starting to tell his story. 

Before Chase met Jorge, Diego told him that the Mexican was a 'silent investor' in their company. Up until this point, Chase had some suspicions that something sinister was taking place behind the scenes. However, being so young and inexperienced, he hadn't pinpointed the clues that he was working for criminals. 

I introduced Jorge to my readers as charming, handsome (with 'movie star looks'), and very charismatic. The first impression was that he was likable, not the intimidating mob boss that we're used to seeing on television, in movies, and in books. I purposely demonstrated that he was very friendly to lure Chase in and make him feel comfortable. If this were in a fairy tale, Jorge would've been the big, bad wolf dressed up like grandma because this was how he played the game. He was a sophisticated businessman dressed in expensive suits and spoke in a polite, dignified manner. Therefore, few would think he was a bloodthirsty criminal.

There was just something about Jorge Hernandez that compelled me to continue writing. Now, ten books into the series, I can't seem to stop. 







No comments:

Post a Comment