Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Let's talk about my YouTube channel 📺(Updated)

In a world of glitzy, glamorous, and finely-crafted YouTube channels, mine is a bit of a clunker in comparison. But that's ok.

When I started making YouTube videos, it simply was to tell people about my books. I wanted to keep it straightforward, not get into anything fancy but use my channel as a way to connect with others. It allowed me to reach people from across the world and show them the person behind the books. The idea of editing, creating an intro, considering lighting, etc wasn't my biggest concern.

Now, I'm close to 200 videos in, and all these things still aren't important to me. What is important is showing people the real me. I speak honestly about my writing and giving viewers some information. I have considered putting more work into the channel but at the end of the day, it should be more about my writing than becoming a YouTube star. Not that I'm saying anything negative about those who make the extra effort, quite the contrary, but for me, my focus isn't the number of views and subscribers (which is good because I don't have a lot 🤣) but simply putting the information out there for those who are interested.

I enjoy doing these videos and having the opportunity to talk about my writing. I'm very fortunate to live in a time where all this is possible. 😃


No comments:

Post a Comment